Over my 22+ years of being a real estate transaction coordinator I’ve met a lot of Realtors. I often ask them what they love most about their chosen career and I hear things like:
- Meeting and getting to know new members of the community.
- Helping people find just the right home for their family.
- Helping a seller get the best price for their home within their desired timeline for selling.
- Negotiations – “I love helping my clients get the best for them”.
- Being in control of my schedule and having flexibility to do things outside of work that are important to me.
- The ability to create a nice income being of service to others.
Not once did I ever hear anyone say “gathering the appropriate documents and making sure they are executed correctly” or “managing the process once it’s under contract”. Now don’t just take my word for it, ask your local Realtor or perhaps if you are a Realtor, think to yourself, “what do I love most about this career”? It’s probably not all the steps from contract to close, no one except a transaction coordinator would ever say that! Yes, there are parts of a journey we must take to get to where we want to go that we’re not exactly in love with, I know this. Yet along the way if someone was there to help you it sure would make the journey much easier and allow you more time for the things you love. Of course it would, and that’s exactly what a Transaction Coordinator does. She is the one who loves gathering all the documents and makes sure they are executed correctly. She relishes in overseeing the process and the people involved to facilitate a smooth closing for all involved. And coordinating appointments, well that’s just another part of the process she enjoys. While being a transaction coordinator and seeing the contract thru to the closing may not be the sexiest part of the real estate business, it truly is an important role. Not everyone can do it nor enjoys the process. It takes someone with a passion for real estate who thrives on details to make the the road from contract to close a smooth one for all parties involved.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” ~ Michael Jordan