Yippee, your order has been received and on behalf of the entire team here at the TC Academy we want to thank you.
The TC Academy Fairies will be magically transcribing the information you need to access to your purchase and it should arrive in your inbox very soon. However sometimes they are on break when orders are received and the process can take up to 10 minutes to show up in your inbox. Hang tight, it will arrive in your inbox shortly. If for any reason it doesn’t, send us an email to Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com and we’ll get it sorted out quickly.
No matter how much magic powder the fairies use, sometimes important emails end up in spam folders unintentionally, like the receipt or link for your purchase today, which they are emailing you. So, if you open your email and can’t find it, it’s likely that it’s gotten misdirected into your spam folder or promotions tab in Gmail. Please be sure to check there and to avoid emails from the TCA ending up there again, please white list or save Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com to your address book.
To make sure Gmail never filters Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com emails as spam, all you have to do is mark our conversation as important and add me to your contact list. Gmail may mistakenly send a message from me to your spam box. If this happens, open your spam box and the message from us. At the top of the email, there should be a button that says “Not Spam.” Clicking that will make sure you continue to get my messages in the inbox.
If that doesn’t work, you can try the following:
- Open Gmail and click the Settings icon from the menu → Settings.
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses → Create a new filter.
- In the “From” field, add either the email address you want to whitelist or the domain. (Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com or TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com)
- Click Create filter then select “Never send it to Spam.”
- Click Create filter again to finish the process.
- Open Outlook and go to the “Home” tab.
- In the “Delete” group, click Junk → Junk Email Options.
- Go to the Safe Senders tab and click Add.
- In the “Add address or domain” dialog box, add the email address or domain name you want to whitelist (Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com or TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com).
- Click OK and confirm the email address or domain appears in your safe senders list.
- Click Mail → Preferences → Rules.
- Click Add Rule.
- Add “Whitelist TCA” in the description field.
- Set the first dropdown to “any” so that your first condition says “If any of the following conditions are met.”
- In the next two dropdown menus, add “From” in the first, and “Ends with” in the second.
- Add “@transactioncoordinatoracademy.com” in the text field after “Ends with.”
- Set your dropdowns to “Move Message” to the “mailbox:Inbox:” in the “Perform the following actions” section.
- Click OK.
- Click Contacts on the left side of your inbox.
- Click the New Contact icon and add Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com
- Click Add Contact at the bottom.
- Go to the “Settings menu” and click Settings
- Click Filters → Add.
- Add either the email address or domain name you’d like to whitelist. (Support@TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com or TransactionCoordinatorAcademy.com)
- These steps apply to Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, or MSN:
- Log in and click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen. At the bottom of the menu, choose “See all Outlook settings.”
- Choose “Mail” then “Junk Email.”
- Click “Add” below Safe Senders and domains. Add @transactioncoordinatoracademy.com and hit save in the lower right hand corner of the screen.